Mango IRC is a unique, easy to use IR C chat client for your Mac OS X and with Mango IRC and Mango IRC HD also a great companion for your iPhone or iPad.
Internet Relay Chat (IRC) is a form of real-time Internet text messaging (chat) or synchronous conferencing.
IRC is mainly designed for group communication in discussion forums, called channels, but also allows one-to-one communication via private messages.
You can keep in touch with your friends, developers or get support anywhere on the go.
NOTE: To buy Mango IRC via the App Store an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Mango IRC":
· You can connect to multiple servers at a time
· You can join multiple channels at a time
· Private one-to-one chats
· Nickname and IRC command completion for faster typing
· Notifications showing you who joined or left the channel
· Notifications when you receive private message or somebody mentions you in different channel
· Messages are highlighted if somebody mentions you
· Tab based interface for each channel with notification badges so you won't miss anything important
· Visual user information (WHOIS)
· Nickname coloring so you're better oriented in public chats
· Console for important information received from IRC servers
· User list for each channel
· Network search for available channels
· URL hilighting with support for clipboard copying or opening in a web browser
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Revamped UI
· Added support for Retina displays
· Notification Center support on Mountain Lion
· Added menus and keyboard shortcuts
· Share interesting messages on Twitter or Facebook
· Fixed problem with resolving hostnames
· Overall performance improved
· Fixed scrolling behavior
· Minor bug and crash fixes