MailMate is an easy to use e-mail client which features state-of-the-art searching capabilities which is also used to provide advanced Smart Mailbox features.
The encouraged workflow in MailMate is to handle each incoming email by either archiving or deleting it. Smart mailboxes can then be used to automatically organize emails based on any message header of any message body part.
The aim of MailMate is to make navigating, viewing, replying to, and searching for emails as easy and efficient as possible. Even though MailMate is designed for and only supports IMAP, it also works in full when offline.
Visually, MailMate looks like a classic email client with its default use of a three-pane view, but a set of alternative layouts are available including layouts with message views not seen in other email clients.
The long term goal of MailMate is to make it highly configurable by allowing the user to customize both layouts and the views within these layouts. To some extent this is already possible via various experimental features of MailMate.
NOTE: To buy MailMate via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "MailMate":
· Multiple accounts
· State-of-the-art searching
· Smart mailboxes
· Keyboard centric
· Layouts / views
· Dynamic signatures
· Full offline access
· IMAP email account
· 30 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Supports inline images in Markdown mode. Markup for referencing an attached image is inserted when adding an image to the textview (dragging or pasting).
· Opens links in the composer when hitting the enter key.
· Now derives a name from other headers if a Reply-To header does not include the name of the recipient.
· Added “Reply List” menu item (⌥⌘R).
· Added hidden preference (MmMessagesOutlineMoveStrategy) to control how the message selection changes when moving messages out of the currently selected mailbox.
· Handles (removes) Re:-prefixes in Chinese and other languages when generating the subject line for a reply.