MailWing is an organizer and archiver for Apple’s Mail. MailWing is easy to use and takes care of your message saving issues.
MailWing is an archiver and organizer for Apple’s Mail. It links any ON MY MAC mailbox to a Finder folder and moves messages into these linked folders for long-term storage.
The linked folders can be located anywhere you wish on any local disk, such as with a project, an account or an interest group. Messages are copied without doing any file conversion, thus a saved copy of a message is simply a Mail document (.emlx) file which a quick double-click opens in Mail.
These saved documents may be Replied, Redirected, Forwarded, Bounced and Printed by Mail just like any other message. (But, they cannot be Junked, Deleted or Flagged). Saved messages also retain attachments, if present, which can be saved via the header’s Save button.
Here are some key features of "MailWing":
The saved copy of a message is modified so that:
· The file name is the header's subject.
· The modification date is the header's Date Sent.
· The comment is the header's To: address (for sent mail) or From: address (for received mail).
· This allows you to easily identify messages in a List View Finder window.
· Linked User Mailboxes — Route messages manually or automatically, using Mail's Rules, to mailboxes ON MY MAC, each linked to a folder. Mail Saver copies messages in a linked mailbox into its linked folder, then moves Mail’s original copies into the Trash mailbox where they are erased at your direction. Unread messages are labeled gray and the linked folder is opened showing messages ready to read. Threading in mailboxes is preserved by sub-folders in the linked folder.
· Save Selected Messages — Selected messages in the Inbox and Sent mailboxes can be saved to any location. The original message is not moved into the Trash mailbox.
· Table of Contents Menu — Gives you instant access to Mail Saver, Mail-Safe, Help, Rebuild TC, Show Labeled... and your linked folders via a menu in the Dock.
· Mail-Safe — (only available to registered users) Link the Trash mailbox to the Mail-Safe folder where messages older than your specified preference are saved in day-numbered folders within month-numbered folders within year-numbered folders. The originals are permanently erased from Mail.
· Spotlight — You can create Spotlight searches for your Mail archives that work just like Mail’s Smart Mailboxes.
· 30 days trial period.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Mt. Lion has a bug (reported) which causes a -609 error when using Rebuild Menu or the Tools and caused the Busy indicator not to display. This version has work-arounds for these bugs.
· Mail 6.2 in Mountain Lion has a bug (reported) which causes the user-set location of message windows to be forgotten after Print is used. This will happen whenever emlx>pdf is used. Until Apple fixes this, you will have to manually restore the location of message windows.