In a nutshell, LyZ is a plugin to Zotero, which enables you to send citations to LyX documents.
Synchronization between LyX/BibTeX/LyZ
When Zotero reference is changed, BibTeX database as well as the LyX document can be updated. This is useful when nice BibTeX keys are used, such as ‘author year title’ and e.g. the title or the first author’s surname has been modified, which will result in modification of the BibTeX key.
When the “Update BibTeX” is run, you should select to update the LyX document in case your modifications to Zotero references might affect your BibTeX keys.
Before the update, a backup of the active LyX document is made (extension *.lyz). LyZ will save, close and then reopen your document.
The LyZ add-on is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
Here are some key features of "LyZ":
· Inserting citations to LyX from Zotero.
· BibTeX database automatically updated when citation is inserted.
· BibTeX database can be updated when the references in Zotero are modified.
· Custom BibTeX key format.
· Unique BibTeX key check.
· Custom BibTeX translators.
· Synchronization of BibTex keys between LyX document, BibTeX database and LyZ.
· Editing of master/child documents (the same BibTeX database) and multiple documents (different BibTeX database for each document).
· Persistent association of LyX documents and BibTeX databases.
· Support for group cooperation.
· Firefox 3.6 and later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Remove maximum version restriction for Zotero Standalone.