Linkinus is an advanced customizable and multi-featured IRC client for Mac OS X.
Linkinus is fully integrated with the OS X environment, and also provides support for AppleScripts and Cocoa plugins.
NOTE: To buy Linkinus via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Linkinus":
· Clean, Simple User Interface - Advanced doesn't have to mean it's hard to use. The unique interface puts everything you need within easy reach. With Linkinus window and panel clutter is a thing of the past!
· Stay Connected - Due to its unique client/agent architecture Linkinus can keep you connected to IRC, even if you quit the app! Just relaunch to catch up on the conversation; it's like you never left!
· The Usual Suspects - With great features come great responsibility. All the basics you would expect from an IRC client (and a few extras) are included: support for proxies and SSL, DCC file transfers, configurable flood protection, IRC color codes (turned off by default, of course), logging, and customizable highlights, to name just a few.
· Automazing! - Linkinus includes many options for automating every day IRC tasks. Use AutoExecute to perform a specific set of commands when you connect to IRC, create an alias to turn a complex operation into a simple /command, and take advantage of the shortcuts feature to execute commands with a simple keystroke. Rules allow you to op, voice, or even ignore a user based on their hostmask. Basic AppleScript support is available (with full support coming in a future release).
· Chat in Style(s) - Linkinus comes with a number of gorgeous styles designed to suit a wide variety of tastes. Want something unique? Create (or modify) your own with the Linkinus Style SDK!
· Stay Current - Enable Growl notifications, set custom sounds, or have the dock icon badged or bounce to keep up with what's going on when Linkinus isn't visible. You can be notified when you receive a personal message, when you're invited to a channel, when someone mentions your current nick, and more!
· Extendable - Linkinus supports plug-ins written in Objective-C for even more powerful control over your IRC experience. Create preference panes, interface with other applications, and much more. The sky's the limit! Download the plugins SDK and get started immediately!
· Support for ezbounce - With included support for ezbounce you can stay connected through shutdowns, sleeps, or restarts with ease! When you reconnect you have the option of viewing anything you missed, and you can even reconnect to the same session from a different computer or location!
· 14 MB of free space.
· 15 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed an issue with the way Growl alerts were handled by Linkinus
· Updated Growl to the latest version
· Improved compatibility with Mountain Lion