More consumers are watching TV shows over the Internet using computers hooked up to their sets. Still the entire process can be a hassle.
The major Web browsers were made for close-up use, so they have icons, toolbars and menus that can be too small to see from an optimal TV-viewing distance. And they are meant to be used with mouses, or laptop touch pads, and keyboards.
So, many people wind up sitting on the couch with a laptop and a long cord, or with a wireless keyboard and mouse on a coffee table.
There are various workarounds, such as using the browsers’ zoom controls, fiddling with screen resolutions, and using wireless adapters to eliminate cords.
Kylo is a new kind of Web browser and a new kind of wireless remote control explicitly designed for using TV-connected computers from the couch.
Kylo has huge icons, and a large on-screen keyboard for pecking out Web addresses and search terms with your cursor.
Here are some key features of "Kylo":
Built for the Big Screen:
· Lots of viewing space and no visual clutter
· Big fonts and big buttons for easy navigation from across the room
· An easy-to-use onscreen keyboard
· Zoom-and-pan power that brings every site into view
· Stop Squinting. Start Surfing - Sit back and get ready for big-screen browsing. Kylo brings your TV and computer together to create the ultimate content experience. Enjoy your favorite online shows, videos, music, games and news. Take your HDTV anywhere on the web.
· Simple Setup. Easy Navigation - Find the web content you want. Click and watch without getting off the couch.
· More Space and Less Clutter - Kylo's wide-open interface is designed specifically to fit your TV screen. It's not just a blown-up web browser. Kylo lets you enjoy your favorite content fast. Don't waste time hunting through lists of links and unreadable text. See what you want to see!
· Big Fonts and Big Buttons - Kylo lets you surf the web with ease from across the room. It features large icons and bold text you won't find in standard browsers. Size matters, especially on the big screen!
· Onscreen Keyboard - The last thing you need is another piece of equipment cluttering your coffee table. Use Kylo's onscreen keyboard instead! Quick and intuitive, it lets you input web addresses, instant messages, and even emails using a classic QWERTY interface.
· Zoom and Pan - Onscreen reading is a breeze with Kylo. The Zoom-and-Pan feature lets you enjoy text content when you're ten feet from the screen. Instead of squinting, sit back and enjoy online content the right way.