Key Manager 0.1.240.20130821
A simple Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey add-on that provides you with a client tool for key generation, certificate enrollment and more
Currently, Mozilla Personal Security Manager (PSM) allows import and export of keys but does not provide GUI for local key generation.
The developers have extended the Certificate Manager wizard in Mozilla PSM and added the capability for key generation and SCEP based certificate enrollment.
Key Manager enables Mozilla PSM to act as a key management tool. In addition, the tool supports signing of proxy certificates for credential delegation and provides XUL based GUI for signing of XPI files as well as update manifest for FF3.
Key Manager is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
- Generation of keys and X.509 based self-signed certificate
- Generation of PKCS#10 based Certificate Signing Requests (CSR)
- SCEP based Certificate enrollment it enables Firefox to acts as SCEP client. The SCEP client can be invoked from other extensions and XPCOM based components.
- Signing of Certificate Revocation List (CRLs) provides an XUL based GUI to support capabilities available in the command-line 'crlutil' of Mozilla NSS
- XPI Signing (for Mozilla add-ons) and signing of archive files provides an XUL based GUI for command-line 'signtool' in Mozilla NSS
- Signing of update manifest using keys associated with certificate in the browser's certificate DB. You can use this tool as alternative to Mozilla's McCoy tool.
- Signing of Proxy Certificates (RFC 3820) and other users' certificates
- Signing and verification of Attribute certificates (RFC3281)
- Exporting of keys and certificate in the following formats: PKCS#7, PKCS#8, PKCS#10, PKCS#12, OpenSSL, and SSH-2
- Backup and Synchronization of keys and certificates for OpenSSL based applications: cURL, Globus toolkit, etc as well as other Mozilla-NSS based soft-tokens
- Managing keys and sign certificates in Java Keystores
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- This version is compatibility update for Firefox 24/Thunderbird 24/SeaMonkey 2.21.
- The CRL Manager component (for signing of Certificate Revocation List (CRLs) ) is removed because Mozilla PSM does not provide support for CRL any more.