Jumpbox for Elgg 1.8.2
The easiest way to deploy Elgg.
If you are looking to host an in-house Facebook-like system Elgg is a great option and the JumpBox for Elgg provides the easiest way to get started with it.
A JumpBox makes using server software quick and simple. It packages an application's software, dependencies, and application data into a single virtual computer that enables you to focus on the application, not the details of getting the application to run.
- There are a handful of widgets available for it which enable features such as:
- Blogs: write posts that are shared amongst specific groups for friends
- Twitter: integrate your Twitter account so Elgg bi-directionally aggregates your Tweets and flows Elgg posts out via your Twitter stream.
- Wire posts: post sitewide notifications that are available regardless of group membership.
- Flexible notifications: customize your email notifications so you receive update messages based on activity amongst certain groups or friends.
Jumpbox for Elgg
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Upgraded elgg to version 1.8.15. This is a general bugfix update that also brings significant changes to how the application works with Twitter. See the full release notes for detail: http://blog.elgg.org/pg/blog/cash/read/227/elgg-1815-released
- Upgrade on backup restore possible from JumpBox version 0.9 or higher