OpenVPN is a mature, full-featured Open Source solution for creating a virtual private network.
OpenVPN is using an SSL-based design and provides a lightweight approach that favors simplicity. The JumpBox for OpenVPN enables anyone to take advantage of this networking platform and create remote access solutions.
The JumpBox for OpenVPN works great in Amazon EC2 and can be used in conjunction with the Elastic IP feature to bring up an ad hoc VPN.
A JumpBox makes using server software quick and simple. JumpBox packages an application's software, dependencies, and application data into a single virtual computer that enables you to focus on the application, not the details of getting the application to run.
Here are some key features of "JumpBox for OpenVPN":
· Tunnel any IP subnetwork or virtual ethernet adapter over a single UDP or TCP port.
· Configure a scalable, load-balanced VPN server farm using one or more machines which can handle thousands of dynamic connections from incoming VPN clients.
· use all of the encryption, authentication, and certification features of the OpenSSL library to protect your private network traffic as it transits the internet
· tunnel networks over NAT
· Virtualization software. See the complete list of supported systems.
· For easiest use: a network that assigns dynamic IP addresses. (Most do)
· 3 GB Free disk space
· Minimum 1 GB System RAM (Each JumpBox you run on the same system will need 256-512MB of additional RAM)
· Minimum 1 Ghz CPU
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This is a maintenance release. The included version of the application has not changed.