IndiMail is a powerful, secure, reliable, simple mail server coded entirely in C supporting host of features.
The power of IndiMail lies in the ability to distribute the users across multiple hosts in a non-proprietary, simple way. You can have multiple hosts hosting a domain placed anywhere and tied up by IndiMail.
This allows you to migrate seamlessly from a proprietary solution like MS Exchange or Lotus Notes to IndiMail. All you have to do is to install the proxy IMAP/POP3 and point the MX record to IndiMail.
Here are some key features of "IndiMail":
- Simple: IndiMail is vastly smaller than any other Internet mail systems and hence we have better control on its behaviour.Mailing list management is one of IndiMail's strengths.
- IndiMail lets each user handle his own mailing lists. The delivery instructions for user-whatever go into ~user/.qmail-whatever.
- IndiMail makes it really easy to set up mailing list owners. If the user touches ~user/.qmail-whatever-owner, all bounces will come back to him.
- IndiMail supports VERPs, which permit completely reliable automated bounce handling for mailing lists of any size.
- smtpd.c - fix strnum getting clobbered by log_spam() funtion in err_queue()
- dkimsign.cpp - replace % in selector with domain name
- vadddomain_handle - fix permission of spamignore
- ProcessInFifo.c - close db on sighup sthat we reload all new domains added
- vdeldomain - check for host.master tdetermine if domain is distributed
- vdeldomain, vaddaliasdomain, vrenamedomain - send sighup tqmail-send using post handle
- tcpserver - compact ipv6 and CIDR notation support in tcpserver rules file
- rblsmtpd - inverse IPv6 nibble format for RBL and anti-RBL lookups.
- spf.c - ipv6 support by setting SPFIPV6 environment variable
- surblqueue - figure out mktemp path
- made dns_text.c common for both dk and dkim
- qmail-smtpd - fixed STARTTLS plaintext command injection vulnerability
- spf.c - added error message for unknown address family
- qmail-dk, qmail-dkim - BUG - corrected location of private key when % sign is removed
- dk-filter - fixed syntax errors and private key lookup
- surblqueue - Use SURB...