Hotmail Watcher is a simple Firefox and SeaMonkey add-on that checks Hotmail at the interval that you specified in the Options page and displays the number of unread messages in the toolbar.
Hotmail Watcher can check Hotmail at any of the following intervals: 1 min, 2 min, 3 min, 4 min, 5 min, 10 min, 15 min, 20 min, 30 min or an 1 hour.
The Hotmail Watcher extension uses Browser cookie to get information. So, security level is the same as the one provided by the Hotmail website.
The Hotmail Watcher extension works only after you log on at the Hotmail website.
The Hotmail Watcher add-on is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
Here are some key features of "Hotmail Watcher":
· Watch for your Hotmail and report to you in status-bar and toolbar.
· Check Hotmail at specific interval ( 1 min, 2 min, 3 min, 4 min, 5 min, 10 min, 15 min, 20 min, 30 min, 1 hour or manually).
· Can select to alert by sound, by notification window or by blinking icon.
· Can select to alert only inbox or all folders (except Junk, Drafts, Sent and Deleted).
· Can select to alert unread email or newly arrived email (by increasing unread email count method).
· Sound can be selected to be "build-it" or "system" (control panel setting) or "custom sound".
· Use secure protocol - HTTPS-SSL to connect to Hotmail server. Safe from eavesdroppers.
· No unnecessary action take. Simple is the rule.
· High security. No need to input username and password. Nothing storage.
· This extension use Browser cookie to get information. So, security level is the same as Hotmail website security.
· This extension work only after you log on at the Hotmail website. As long as you stay log on, this extension still work.
· If you log out from Hotmail website, this extension log out too !
· Private browsing mode compatibility. "Hotmail Watcher" will not leave any traces after you stop private browsing.
· Firefox 3.5 and later
· SeaMonkey 2.1 and later
· Hotmail account
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Compatible with Firefox 20 and SeaMonkey 2.17 per-window private browsing. Per-window private browsing will force browser to have two sets of cookies - normal cookies and private browsing cookies. So, this add-on will adapt by use only one set of cookies depend on how Firefox or SeaMonkey start. If Forefox or Seamonkey start in normal mode, it will check email by using normal cookies. If Firefox or Seamonkey start in private browsing mode, it will use private browsing cookies.
· Update Russian translation
· Add Outlook icon font.