Herald is a notification plugin for Mail.app, Apple's Mac OS X email client. Inspired by the excellent Mail.appetizer plugin, Herald shows you popup notifications whenever you receive new Mail.
Herald also allows you to perform common actions directly from within the notification window, including deleting messages, initiating replies, viewing messages in Mail, or marking messages as read.
Herald's appearance is highly customizable, allowing you to change the background color, text color, size, shadow, transparency, and position of the window. Herald even provides a scrolling text view so you can read full messages without having to switch back to Mail.
Here are some key features of "Herald":
· Quick Action Toolbar. Easily perform actions on messages: mark as read, view in Mail, initiate replies, or delete right from within the notification window.
· Customizable Appearance. Adjust window size, position, color, shadow, and transparency.
· Herald also gives you the possibility to enable specific mail boxes. Enable notifications for all mailboxes or only specific mailboxes of your choosing.
· Message Grouping. Messages are grouped into a single notification window to prevent clutter. Flip through messages with a single click.
· View Full Message. A scrollable message window means you can view your full message without having to switch to Mail.
· Automatic or Manual Dismissal. Configure Herald to dismiss notifications after a set period of time or stay on screen until the window is clicked.
· Snow Leopard Compatible. Fully compatible with the latest version of Mac OS X.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added support for OS X 10.8.4.