Gmvault is a free and open-source, terminal-based utility for backing up your GMail account and never lose email correspondence.
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the Gmvault utility on your Mac are available HERE.
Gmvault is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux. Binaries for the Windows and Linux platforms are available on the project's homepage.
Here are some key features of "Gmvault":
· Backup all your emails on disk.
· Update your backup in minutes.
· Restore emails in any Gmail acc.
· Handle all Gmail IMAP hiccups.
· Encrypt saved emails.
· For geek and non-geek users.
· Available on many platforms.
· Filesystem as a database.
· Highly customizable.
· Gmail account
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· GTalk chat logs are now backed up when the Chats label can be accessed via IMAP.
· GTalk chats can be restored in any accounts in the label gmvault-chats as the official Gmail Chats label in read-only.
· Add the check command for cleaning your Gmvault db. With check, Gmvault-db will reflect your Gmail account and emails that have been trashed on Gmail will be deleted from the Gmvault-db.
· The check option used to keep in sync the Gmvault-db with your Gmail account is now by default activated in the sync mode. Use option "--check-db" no to deactivate it.
· Beware if you have a Gmvault db containg emails from multiple accounts: You will have to resync in quick mode with --db-cleaning no with both accounts to no have part of it deleted.
· Add options --chats-only and --emails-only to synchronise only emails or chats.
· Create default configuration file $HOME/.gmvault/gmvault_defaults.conf in order to make some options customisable.
· Change quick sync time to 7 days and restore tim...