At any of your changes, cssUpdater can update the corresponding properties and values in your css source file.
Technically speaking, cssUpdater contains a Firefox add-on and a desktop application. The desktop application acts as a socket server and listens on your css changes. Then you can choose to sync them all or only a few with the original css files.
So, a normal workflow can look as following:
· Edit your css in FireBug
· Sync your changes in cssUpdater
· Reload your site to see that your changes is preserved
The cssUpdater add-on is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
Here are some key features of "cssUpdater":
· Works with your favorite text editor or IDE
· Choose the changes you want
· Supports Windows and OSX
· Backup functionality
· Sync now button in FireBug
· Drag and drop support to monitor your files
· Application validation on start up
· Your monitored css files is saved between startups
· Report issues and settings window
· Automatic update of desktop application
· Minimize to Systemtray icon for Wndows
· Sync hotkey from FireBug (default alt s)
· Firefox 3.0 and later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed so that the Sync now button is visible in FireBug again.