ZotFile is a Zotero plugin for Firefox that will allow you to manage your attachments: automatically rename, move, and attach files to Zotero items, sync PDFs from your Zotero library to your (mobile) PDF reader (e.g. an iPad, Android tablet, etc.) and extract annotations from PDF files.
The ZotFile on add-on is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
Here are some key features of "ZotFile":
Attach New Files to Zotero Items:
· ZotFile can rename and add the most recently modified file from the Firefox download or a user specified folder as a new attachment to the currently selected Zotero item. It renames the file using metadata from the selected Zotero item (user configurable), and stores the file as a Zotero attachment to this item (or alternatively, moves it to a custom location).
(Batch) Rename and Move Attachments based on Zotero Metadata:
· The user can also select any number of Zotero items and automatically rename and move all attachments of these items according to the user defined rules using metadata of the respective zotero item (batch processing).
Sync PDFs with your iPad or Android tablet:
· To read and annotate PDF attachments on your mobile device, zotfile can sync PDFs from your Zotero library to your (mobile) PDF reader (e.g. an iPad, Android tablet, etc.). Zotfile sends files to a location on your PC or Mac that syncs with your PDF reader App (PDF Expert, iAnnotate, GoodReader etc.), allows you to configure custom subfolders for easy access, and even extracts the annotations and highlighted text to Zotero notes when you get the files back from your tablet. For instruction, click here.
Extract Annotations from PDF Files:
· After highlighting and annotating pdfs on your tablet (or with the PDF reader application on your computer), ZotFile can automatically extract the highlighted text and note annotations from the pdf. The extracted text is saved in a Zotero note. Thanks to Joe Devietti, this feature is now available on all platforms based on the pdf.js library.
· Firefox 3.6 and later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fix that problem that only the first annotation on page was extracted