Firefox add-on that lets you search for and switch to tabs quickly
TabFind enables you to search a string both in the URL and in the tab title by using shortcuts and to quickly find what you are looking for.
Hore is a sequence of steps that you can follow to see how it really works:
· Show the TabFind search bar by pressing your key combination (Cmd-Shift-F by default).
· Type some keywords you know your tab's URL or title contains.
· While typing, Firefox will switch to the best matching tab and also display all matches in a list.
· If your desired tab is already shown, press ESC or the Return key to close the TabFind bar.
· If not, you can select your tab by clicking on the list of results with the mouse or by using the up and down arrow keys on your keyboard.
Note: The TabFind add-on is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Added a "Find tab" menu item in the Edit menu.
- Added a Preferences dialog window, where the keyboard shortcut key for the toolbar can be customized.
- When finding a tab and closing the TabFind toolbar, the page in the found tab now gains focus automatically. This enables quick navigation between tabs and on webpages without having to use the mouse.