SmartVideo For YouTube is a simple Firefox and Google Chrome add-on designed to offer a better YouTube user experience.
SmartVideo For YouTube provides 'Smart Buffer' for slow connections, auto loop, buffer preferences, quality selection, and more.
The SmartVideo For YouTube add-on is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
Here are some key features of "SmartVideo For YouTube":
· Works with all embedded/HTML5 YouTube videos. Be it a Facebook news feed video or a video directly from YouTube site.
· With global preferences, all YouTube videos can be set to start on your wish.
· As soon as the page loads.
· When the video is buffered completely, or whatever buffer percentage you choose.
· Let SmartVideo decide when it's good to start playing. SmartVideo's 'smart buffer' decides the buffer percentage based on your current download speed.
· Or just make the YouTube videos to start buffering when the page loads. You can play the video whenever you wish.
· Along with above buffer strategies, you can opt to defer video initialization video until you click on it.
· The buffer strategy can be set for individual YouTube player or as the Global preferences. Just hover your mouse over any YouTube video.
· Calculates time left before the video starts playing. (Hover the mouse over the YouTube video)
· Once a video is buffered as desired, sound notification can be raised instead of playing the video.
· SmartVideo can default the video quality or size based on the user preference.
· 'Loop' option on all YouTube videos.
· Separate preferences for embedded, 'on youtube.com' videos and playlists.
· Enable/disable 'switching to HD on fullscreen' option.
· Firefox 3.0 and later or
· Google Chrome
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Incorporated review comments