Column Reader is a unique Firefox add-on that acts as a multi-column reader with configurable layout and domain-specific settings.
Column Reader aims to optimize your web reading experience.
Detailed instructions on how to use the Column Reader add-on on your Mac are available HERE.
Column Reader is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
Here are some key features of "Column Reader":
· A format with up to seven columns and variable margins.
· Horizontal, vertical and page-wise scroll modes.
· Animated and automatic scroll modes.
· Masked mode with centered content.
· Full screen mode with/without browser interface.
· Document miniature view in index bar.
· Content lightening, darkening, color inversion and contrast.
· Full screen viewing of contained images.
· Deletion of elements from the content.
· Transformation of column views into images.
· Storage of reader settings as default or for sites or domains.
· Memory of last-used reader settings during a Firefox session.
· Firefox 12.0 and later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· FEATURE: A dutch translation was added for the extension strings.
· FIX: The full screen image viewing container now closes correctly in Firefox 20 and later.
· FIX: The quality of the miniature view was improved and an error which prevented its creation for a single column was corrected.
· FIX: The first drawing of the miniature view is now delayed to allow for rendering delays.
· FIX: The background color estimate was improved by correcting an error which led it to be made too late.
· FIX: The annoying shift at the end of animated forward horizontal scroll now occurs only for backward scroll.
· FIX: Background-images are no more removed, because they are so often used to replace images nowadays.
· FIX: Canvas elements are no more transformed to image elements but are cloned including their content.
· FIX: The reader now exits the image fullscreen viewing mode when resizing the reader.
· FIX: The book mode again always has an even amount of pages (in contrast to version 3.3 and 3.4).
· FIX: When option...