One of the most common complaints that Firebug users have about the Firebug command line is that it is basically a text input field.
Whilst this may be sufficient for the small command line it is not very well suited for the large command line.
Acebug is a simple Firebug extension that brings some of the awesome features of the Ajax.org Cloud9 Editor (Ace) to Firebug's large command line.
The most notable feature provided by the Acebug add-on is the syntax highlighting.
Acebug is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
Here are some key features of "Acebug":
· Syntax Highlighting for large command lline, HTML/CSS editors
· Auto completion along with hints! e.g. window.
· Load/Save to file
· Execute CoffeeScript directly in firebug console
· Execute selection
· Stream Comment
· Resource panel with support for scripts, images and stylesheets
and of course all of the niceties of Ace:
· Drag and drop files into the large command line for editing
· Auto indentation and outdent
· Highlight matching parentheses,Highlight selected word
· Key bindings include Default, Vim and Emacs modes
· Display hidden characters
· Firefox 8.0 and later or
· SeaMonkey 2.7 and later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed html edit broken with firebug 1.11