FireFTP is a free, secure, cross-platform FTP client extension for Mozilla Firefox and SeaMonkey which provides easy and intuitive access to FTP servers.
Besides allowing you to transfer your files rapidly and efficiently, FireFTP also includes more advanced features such as: syncing directories while navigating, directory comparison, SFTP, SSL encryption, integrity checks, search/filtering, remote editing, drag and drop, file hashing, and more.
The FireFTP add-on is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
Here are some key features of "FireFTP":
· FireFTP can be installed on different platforms such as Mac OS X, Windows or Linux
· Secure: SSL/TLS support, same encryption used with online banking and shopping
· Synchronization: Keep directories in sync while navigating
· Directory Comparison: Compare directory content (compares subdirectories too!)
· International: Available in over 20 languages
· Character Set Support:UTF8 and just about any other character encoding supported
· Automatic reconnect and resuming of tranfers
· Integrity Checks of transfers (XMD5, XSHA1)
· Export/Import accounts
· Remote Editing
· File Hashing: Generate hashes of files (MD5, various SHA's)
· Drag & Drop
· Timestamp Synchronization
· Proxy support
· Advanced properties (CHMOD, recursive CHMOD, thumbnails)
· Tutorials and help files available along with personalized support
· IPv6 support
· Open Source!
· Seamless integration with Mozilla Firefox
· Firefox 21.0 and later or
· SeaMonkey 2.1 and later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed compatibility with Firefox 22