FanFictionDownLoader is a free and open-source utility in Python that will allow you to download fanfiction and original stories from various websites into ebook form.
FanFictionDownLoader is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
The supported formats are:
· epub (the preferred open standard used by most readers, including Sony Reader, Nook and iPad )
· mobi (Kindle)
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the FanFictionDownLoader utility on your Mac are available HERE.
Here are some key features of "FanFictionDownLoader":
· Download in the background for user convenience.
· Update/Overwrite existing fanfiction stories from story URL in calibre identity field or epub.
· Update calibre metadata from website.
· Option to delete other formats on book update. Handy if you have both a Nook(epub) and Kindle(mobi), for example.
· Get original URLs from fanfiction stories in your library.
· Update Reading List plugin lists as an aid to device sync and keeping a list of new books to read. Requires Reading List plugin 1.4.1 or newer to use. See FanFictionDownLoaderPluginWithReadingList.
· Update calibre custom columns with story metadata.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixes for nha.magical-worlds.us and scarvesandcoffee.net.
· Fall back category parsing for fanfiction.net when story has a broken crossover category link.
· Restrict url list search on scarvesandcoffee.net.