A Python based tool to download fanfiction and original stories from various sites
FanFictionDownLoader is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
The supported formats are:
· epub (the preferred open standard used by most readers, including Sony Reader, Nook and iPad )
· mobi (Kindle)
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the FanFictionDownLoader utility on your Mac are available HERE.
- Download in the background for user convenience.
- Update/Overwrite existing fanfiction stories from story URL in calibre identity field or epub.
- Update calibre metadata from website.
- Option to delete other formats on book update. Handy if you have both a Nook(epub) and Kindle(mobi), for example.
- Get original URLs from fanfiction stories in your library.
- Update Reading List plugin lists as an aid to device sync and keeping a list of new books to read. Requires Reading List plugin 1.4.1 or newer to use. See FanFictionDownLoaderPluginWithReadingList.
- Update calibre custom columns with story metadata.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 4.4.75
- Fixes for indeath.net - Thanks Besnef!
- Better Non-BtVS/AtS detection for tthfanfic.org
- do_update_hook for fimf, find newest chapter and update from there when true.