Extension Test is a simple browser add-on designed for extension testers, especially AMO editors and developers that intend to submit their add-ons to AMO.
The Extension Test add-on is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux
Here are some key features of "Extension Test":
The add-on tests for a few of the harder-to-detect criteria for AMO approval, which include:
· Variables defined in the global window scope
· DOM node IDs defined in shared namespaces
· Properties added to native prototypes
· New XPCOM classes and interfaces
· Dangerous uses of setInterval, setTimeout, and XMLHttpRequest in chrome code.
· Remote documents loaded into chrome-privileged windows or iframes.
· Firefox 4.0 and later or
· SeaMonkey 2.0b1 and later or
· Thunderbird 5.0 and later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Add tests for injection of monitization scripts.
· Use same logic for mixed content checks as the builtin mixed content blocker.