A browser extension that allows users to access various authentication and encryption features
In other words, Enigmail enables Thunderbird and SeaMonkey to send and receive digitally signed and/or encrypted messages using the OpenPGP standard.
To provide the crypto-features, you must install GnuPG to. The recommended GnuPG version is 2.x since it provides gpg-agent.
Enigmail is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
Detailed instructions on how to use the Enigmail add-on on your Mac are available HERE.
- Encrypt/sign mail when sending, decrypt/authenticate received mail
- Support for inline-PGP (RFC 4880) and PGP/MIME (RFC 3156)
- Per-Account based encryption and signing defaults
- Per-Recipient rules for automated key selection, and enabling/disabling encryption and signing
- OpenPGP key management interface
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- This is a bugfix release.