The Email Filing Assistant (EFA) app requires Apple’s Mail.App, which is part of Mac OS X, Snow Leopard.
With an ever increasing number of mail folders and emails, it is often a tedious and time-consuming task to file emails.
It is not uncommon for mailboxes to consist of dozens or hundreds of mail folders, and the more they are, the more time the user requires to think about the right target folder and then to draganddrop the email into that folder, which can be a sub-sub-sub- folder, which requires the user to navigate through a folder hierarchy.
EFA tackles this problem by analysing the filing history of emails and the user’s own preferences. It then makes suggestions of folders from which the user can select from, by simply clicking on one of them, and voila, the email has been filed by EFA.
Whether you organise your mailboxes by sender, topic, or project, EFA can possibly support you. It offers a number of different filing strategies, from which you can choose from.
NOTE: To purchase/download Email Filing Assistant via the App Store an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Email Filing Assistant":
EFA currently supports 6 different filing strategies:
· By Favourites. These are set under favorite mailboxes in preferences -> filing. This setting is great if you want to include e.g. a particular project folder.
· By Sender. EFA looks into the FROM field of a selected email and identifies in which mail folders other emails from this sender reside.
· By Sender. But if I am the sender, then every other recipient of this email.
· By everyone in the To field, excluding myself
· By everyone in the CC field, excluding myself
· By everyone in the BCC field, excluding myself
· Apple’s Mail.App
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Full Screen Support. Let EFA run full screen and switch between your mail program and EFA. The existing display modes as a window remain as alternatives.
· The news heads up display (HUD), accessible from the view menu, is a minimalistic access to EFA's most important functions. The HUD is always on top of the mail client application and is ideal for small screens.
· The EFA Dock has been extended: Filing Strategies can be selected from the EFA dock icon menu. EFA can rest in the dock without consuming screen real estate.
· Three new Filing Strategies: Domain (similar sender) and Smart Guess 1&2 (combination of several filing strategies). Smart Guess 1/2 replaces the previously known 'automatic' filing strategy.
· Significant improvements of the batch filing workflow.
· General improvements of the User Interface and the stability.