Dukto is a free and fast peer-to-peer GUI utility to help people share files over a local area network, regardless of the user permission, operating system and the network addressing.
Dukto is a simple utility to help people transfer files from one computer to another over a local area network. Very often it happens that you want to transfer a file from a PC to the one next to it, and you wonder "They are connected, they can talk, but how can I transfer this damn file???". Dukto is the answer.
Dukto is a standalone software, it doesn't need installation, it doesn't creates any configuration file or registry key on your PC, it doesn't require any software (apart from the operating system) to run, it doesn't require configuration or account registration.
Dukto usage is very simple, just start it on the two PC connected over the LAN (or directly connected). On the buddy list will be showed the other peer. Now simply drag and drop your files and folders over the Dukto window and they'll be transferred to the other end. That's all.
Dukto comes with support for the three major operating systems currently available: Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux.
Here are some key features of "Dukto":
· Simple user interface
· No server or internet connection needed
· Zero configuration
· Clients auto-discovery
· High speed file transfer
· Multi-OS native support
· No installation needed, standalone executable
· No configuration files or registry changes
· Multi files and folders transfer
· Transfers log
· Free and open source
· 64-bit processor
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· One of the main changes of this release is the new user interface inspired to the Metro style UI developed by Microsoft for the new releases of Windows Phone, Windows, Xbox and all the other Microsoft products