Devwex is a widely configurable Java based Webserver for the command line (command shell).
The Java binary supports virtual hosts, IP/Port Sharing, Remote Access/Control, Directory Index, Multithread, DCGI/CGI1.1, Filtering, Modules, SSL/TLS and more.
Here are some key features of "Devwex":
· Virtual Hosts - Devwex supports virtual hosts for IP/Port sharing.
· IP/Port sharing - Due to the global declaration of virtual hosts in the configuration file all virtual hosts can be used by all physical hosts, which make the virtual hosts available to different IP addresses and ports.
· Remote Access - Devwex allows a free configurable remote access for state requests, restart and stop commands.
· Directory Index - System directories are automatically accessible as navigable HTML documents. Templates for this service can be individually designed for all physical and virtual hosts.
· Multithread - Devwex supports the configuration of multiple independent physical and virtual hosts. Furthermore applicable is the inheritance of specific host configurations.
· Filtering - Accesses to physical and virtual hosts can be controlled by individually defined rules.
· Modules - Functionality can be added, expanded or changed by external components with the help of the integrated modularconcept of the server.
· HTTP - Based on specifications for HTTP 1.0 Devwex supports GET, POST, HEAD, PUT and DELETE. Further methods can be provided by additional modules and by DCGI or CGI. A response supports server status 200, 201, 300, 302, 304, 400, 401, 403, 404, 405, 406, 411, 424, 500 and 503. This can be modified or expanded by provided interfaces.
· SSL - For secure data transfers Devwex supports Secure Socket Layer - SSL and Transport Layer Security - TLS. The certificate assignment can be handled for every physical host, in groups by inheritance or globally.
· DCGI - DCGI has been especially developed for Devwex. DCGI is derived from CGI 1.1 and supplies the Webserver with an open interface to different programming languages such as Java, VB, VB(A) and more.
· CGI - Devwex supports the Common Gateway Interface specification 1.1 including PHP, Perl, Phyton and more.
· Java 1.2 or later.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Modul-API/Sequenz added methods "mount" und "unmounten".
· Maximum duration of (D)CGI processes now restricts the transfer of request data to CGI.
· Configuration was prepared for the use of FastCGI.