DEVONagent Express is a menu bar based OS X app that combines the ease-of-use and ubiquity of Spotlight with the powerful web search technology of DEVONagent.
Just like Spotlight searches your computer DEVONagent Express searches the web and presents the results directly in its menu.
NOTE: To buy DEVONagent Express via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "DEVONagent Express":
· Let's you search the web as easy as using Spotlight
· Shows convenient summaries and preview pictures
· Filters advertisements and error pages
· Gives you only really relevant results back
· Talks to more than 80 general-purpose and specialized search engines
Perfectly integrated and easy to use:
· Located directly in the menu bar, always there when you need it
· Opens results in your web browser or DEVONagent (if available)
· You already know how to use it
· Accessible by pressing a hotkey
Supported search engines categories:
· General purpose
· Apple- and Mac-related (e.g. App Store, MacUpdate)
· Computer science
· Dictionaries (e.g. Wiktionary)
· Educational resources
· Images and videos (e.g. YouTube, Flickr)
· References (e.g. Wikipedia)
· Social networking (e.g. Facebook Profiles, Twitter)
· 64-bit processor
· 100 searches trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Plug-in "References > British Library."
· Plugins "News > Rocketnews" and "References > SEC" updated.
· Search sets "Macintosh News (Latest/More)" updated (now looks for Mountain Lion news).
· Filtering of links to social bookmarking and to cached pages.
· Tube and video scanners; Tube scanner is again compatible to e.g. YouTube and Dailymotion.
· Reliability of import of web browser bookmarks.
· Support for thumbnails downloaded from thumbshots.com.
· Handling of HTML/HTTP dates.
· App Store version uses sandboxed XPC services instead of background tasks. App Store version requires at least Mac OS X 10.8 from now on.
· Retina graphics added.
· French and German localizations.
· Minor user interface improvements.
· Overall reliability.
· Support/Welcome Assistant didn't work on non-admin accounts.
· Further minor bugs and glitches.