Conference Manager is an easy to use Free VideoConferencing and Video Chat, Software available for Windows, UNIX (Linux, Solaris, FreeBSD), and Mac OS X.
Free client/server videoconferencing and video chat system. Multiple parties at different locations can participate in a videoconference, from his or her own desktop computer. This version of Conference Manager is a beta test version for research purposes.
Here are some key features of "Conference Manager":
· Conference Sessions - Essentially private Chat Rooms with multi-party live video (and optional audio and shared whiteboard). Create your own sessions, with privacy features, for a group conference or one-on-one conversations.
· File Transfer - Share documents, photos, and other files with conference participannts.
· Private Chat, Presence, and Instant Messaging - Stay in contact and communicate instantly with coworkers through private chat features. See when coworkers are on-line in the People window. Conference Manager produces unique sounds for various events that can be customized to suit personal preferences.
· Unique Video Features - Multi-party video sessions are automatically managed in a single persistent video window. Quickly setup a video call with the Call feature. Find out if a coworker is available for communication using the Glance feature.
· Firewall Support - Compatible with popular firewall products.
· Multi-protocol - Supports AIM, Jabber, and IRC
· allows you to communicate with your AIM, Jabber, and Conference Manager buddies simultaneously
· Join multiple IRC channels
· Easy to use IRC client
· Cross Platform - communicate between users on many different types of systems, including Windows, UNIX (Linux/Solaris/FreeBSD), and Mac OS X.