TWurl is a Google Chrome add-on that allows you to shorten and expand URLs using the TinyW.in service and upload images and screenshots to Phota.me
TWurl is an extension to facilitate the use of TinyW.in and several other URL shortening services.
A short URL can be generated for any web page, using the user’s preferred shortening service. The short URL is automatically copied to the clipboard to paste into other applications.
TWurl also automatically expands short URLs on any page, replacing the target URL with the original URL and displays the page title as a tooltip. The URL expansion is provided by LongURL.org, which handles links from more than 200 services.
TWurl is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
Here are some key features of "TWurl Url Shortener/Expander with QR codes":
· Shorten URLs with one-click operation (the shortened URL is automatically copied to clipboard).
· Supports login credentials (for services like bit.ly and Cligs).
· Scans web pages for short URLs and automatically updates the target URL. The title of the website is displayed as a tooltip when available.
· Supports dynamically updated (AJAX) websites (eg. twitter.com) without having to refresh the page.
· Supports right clicking on a link to shorten it.
· Allow you to upload images from websites and Chrome screenshot to Phota.me
· Optionally displays QR codes and allows url customization when shortening URLs with TinyW.in
· TWurl also supports all the popular services such as bit.ly, goo.gl, is.gd, TinyURL, and more to be added upon request.
· Google Chrome
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Changed upload to Phota from a GET to a POST operation to help with those behind content filters.