Chrome Voice Control is a Google Chrome add-on that will enable users to control different features of Google Chrome with your voice.
Chrome Voice Control is a work in progress and new features will continually come out. If you have any suggestions feel free to leave a comment.
Currently it takes two clicks to start voice recognition (one on the extension and one on the microphone). This is unavoidable due to restrictions in the x-webkit-speech API.
I have created an alternative shortcut key that will open a popup on most pages. This does not exit itself but a simple click on either the close link or anywhere on the page will close the dialog. I am working on a fix for this.
The shortcut key combination is Control + Alt + z. You still have to click on the microphone but at least now you don’t have to go to the corner of your screen.
You Can Now Create Custom Commands!! If you have a specific website you always go to, you can now set up an alias and use it as a voice command. Right now this only works with websites but I will be expanding this feature soon. Hang Tight!
Added Google Translate just say: translate [phrase to translate] to [language you want to translate to].
This supports all languages that Google Translate does you can find the full list here: http://code.google.com/apis/language/translate/v1/getting_started.html#translatableLanguages
Chrome Voice Control is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
Here are some key features of "Chrome Voice Control":
· open new tab / new tab
· open new window / new window
· open incognito window
· open website in new tab [website name].com
· open website in new window [website name].com
· open tab in new window (will move current tab to a new window)
· open settings / edit settings / open options / edit options
· delete history
· delete [website name] from history
· launch [app or extension]
· disable / enable [app or extension]
· uninstall [app or extension]
· [app] options page
· store tab (pins current tab)
· remove stored tab (unpins current tab)
· close window
· close tab
· manage extensions
· search [search parameters] (does not recognize long phrases)
· go to [website name].com
· clear browsing data
· translate [phrase to translate] to [language to translate to]
Popular websites can be accessed by just saying their names. These include:
Google Maps Support:
· Map Of [location]
· Get [thing] near [location]
· Get Directions From [start address] to [end address]
· Google Chrome