Antisocial is a Google Chrome extension designed to prevent several social plug-ins from loading.
Antisocial extension blocks social plugins and widgets (hereinafter simply "widgets") from loading, as they can (and do) slow down the loading of sites that they are used on.
Antisocial was born out of annoyance at visiting sites and trying to scroll, click a link, etc., only to find that the Chrome was either locked up or slowed to a crawl as these social widgets were loading.
Note: This extension disables itself when you visit any of the above domains themselves
Here are some key features of "Antisocial":
The following widgets are blocked:
· Add This (https://www.addthis.com/get-addthis)
· Digg (http://about.digg.com/downloads/button/smart)
· Facebook (http://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/)
· Google Plus (http://www.google.com/+1/button/)
· Linkedin (https://developer.linkedin.com/plugins/share-button)
· Meebo bar (http://www.meebo.com/websites/)
· Reddit (http://www.reddit.com/buttons/)
· ShareThis (http://sharethis.com/publishers/get-sharing-button)
· StumbleUpon badge (http://www.stumbleupon.com/badges/landing/)
· Tweetmeme button (http://help.tweetmeme.com/2009/04/06/tweetmeme-button/)
· Twitter (https://twitter.com/about/resources)
· Wibiya toolbar (http://www.wibiya.com/web_toolbar)
· Google Chrome
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Removed the functionality to disable/enable Antisocial from the browser button. There is a bug in Chrome (#54257) that prevents request-blocking extensions (like Antisocial) from reliably querying its disabled/enabled state, which caused Antisocial to not block requests when it should be. The developer will continue to explore other ways getting the disable/enable toggle back, but feel that reliable blocking is more important than the disable/enable functionality.