Cherokee is a very fast, open source, flexible and easy to configure Web Server.
Cherokee supports the widespread technologies nowadays: FastCGI, SCGI, PHP, CGI, on the fly encoding, Apache compatible log files, TLS and SSL encrypted connections, Virtual hosts, Authentication, and much more.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· NEW: "UNIX socket in a abstract namespace" support
· NEW: Adds SHA512 support to the MySQL validator
· FIX: SSL/TLS stability improved substantianly
· FIX: Fixed an out-by-one problem in the static content handler
· FIX: An internal memory management issue was fixed
· FIX: Better internal management of complex match rules
· FIX: Improved how temporal directories were created
· FIX: Improved the random password generation (better seed)
· FIX: Fixed the CPU/Core detection on MacOS 10.5 (PowerPC)
· FIX: MySQL and LDAP validators username pre-filetering
· FIX: LDAP validator: filter string is optional
· DOC: Improved SSL cookbook
· DOC: Improved LDAP validator documentation