Do you need to check a web page or a local file frequently, looking for changes in them? You know it's boring, error prone and a real waste of precious time.
Several web sites offer RSS feeds, but they do not necessarily cover the type of information you are looking for and there aren't many tools to check local files.
Changes Meter does this exact job for you and it will notify you with a useful, colorful, and unobtrusive pie chart icon on the menu bar.
Here are some key features of "Changes Meter":
· Automatically check web pages and local files for changes
· Unobtrusive menubar item with clear pie-chart display of the status of monitored files
· Easy editing of active URLs
· Detailed informations about the status of each URLs and related dates
· Configurable check times, display fonts and notifications
· Separate check times for each URL
· Display either the URL or the html page title in the menu
· Option to compare only web page contents to avoid false change alerts when ads or hidden data are changed
· Universal Binary, Changes Meter works natively on both PowerPC and Intel based Macs
· Configurable display style and colors for the menubar icon and menu
· Supports notifications through Growl
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved Growl support, added basic support for proxies, fixed URLs not reporting changes correctly.
· Added option to hide unchanged URLs in the menubar icon menu
· Added full support for Growl 2.0
· Added basic support for http and https proxies, using the settings stored in the System Preferences
· Added option to display either the URL or page title in a Growl notification
· Now sends a Growl notification when a check is complete
· Fixed encoding recognition, in particular Asian encoding are now handled correctly and page changes are now reported correctly
· Unreachable URLs are now reported correctly with full support for OpenDNS users