One of the most popular IP Subnet Calculators in use today was pioneered by Net3 Group, a company formed by Bitcricket founder J. Scott Haugdahl and subsequently acquired by WildPackets.
Bitcricket ushers in a modern era rewrite of this tool, improving upon the precedent set by the original with a refreshed GUI, native Windows or Mac operation, and support for IPv6.
Bitcricket IP Calculator is the perfect solution for supporting your IPv4 network.
Here are some key features of "Bitcricket IP Calculator":
· Calculate Subnets Automatically. Simply input an IP address and choose one of the following: number of subnet bits, the maximum number of desired subnets, the number of host bits, or the maximum number of desired hosts. Our calculator figures out the all the rest, giving you a bit-by-bit address visualization and generating a complete table of subnets. Quick. Easy. Painless.
· Calculate CIDR Routes. Classless Interdomain Routing, also known as "supernetting," allows multiple IP routes (especially Class C) to be aggregated into a smaller set of routing table entries. Just as with subnetting, the subnet calculator makes it easy visualize and generate CIDR information.
· Migrate to IPv6.The Bitcricket subnet calculator is the first to support IPv6. Although there are no subnets in IPv6 per se (and thus no subnet masks), there are several different types of IPv6 addresses and bits/fields within those types have different interpretations. Simply enter an IPv6 address and we classify and dissect it for you. Furthermore, the calculator helps you migrate from IPv4 to IPv6.
· Work on a PC or a Mac. Our calculator runs natively on both Windows and MacOS X. The latest versions of these two operating systems natively support IPv6 by default.
· Auto Discover Configured Addresses. The calculator automatically discovers locally configured IPv4 and IPv6 addresses on both Windows and Mac, allowing you to quickly classify and dissect them.
· Export Your Data. The information presented in our calculator is a mere cut-and-paste away into your favorite spreadsheet, word processor, or email.