Liferay includes pre-configured, ready to run versions of Tomcat and MySQL, so users can get Liferay install up and running in minutes after answering a few questions. Currently, Mac OS X, Linux, and Windows are supported.
Liferay helps to streamline business processes by offering a single sign-on, web-based gateway for users to locate relevant content and easy access to commonly used applications.
Liferay is focused on the user experience and allows customization through themes, drag-and-drop portlets, and personal pages with a friendly, self-defined URL.
The portal also offers control over access to sensitive information and functionality, collaborative tools such as instant messaging, message boards, blogs & wikis, and access to all the organization's data, content, and information.
Here are some key features of "BitNami Liferay Stack":
Easy to Install:
· BitNami Stacks are built with one goal in mind: to make it as easy as possible to install open source software. Our installers completely automate the process of installing and configuring all of the software included in each Stack, so you can have everything up and running in just a few clicks.
· BitNami Stacks are completely self-contained, and therefore do not interfere with any software already installed on your system.
· By the time you click the 'finish' button on the installer, the whole stack will be integrated, configured and ready to go.
· BitNami Stacks can be installed in any directory. This allows you to have multiple instances of the same stack, without them interfering with each other.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Updated Tomcat to 7.0.37
· Updated JDK to 1.7_15
· Add BitNami console and BitNami environment scripts