Vuze 126.96.36.199 / 188.8.131.52 Beta 17
Java based cross-platform BitTorrent client
Vuze requires the Java Runtime Environment and, as a result, you must make sure it is present on your Mac before launching the Vuze installer.
During the installation process, you can customize the app’s interface, but you will also encounter installation agreements for third party software, so make sure you read everything carefully before moving forward.
The Vuze interface is quite clean and organized: the left side panel enables you to quickly browse your content, while the main area provides information about your torrents.
Low-key status bar menu for easy and quick access
Moreover, Vuze comes with a minimalist status bar menu that allows you to access the main window in no time. The same menu offers you the possibility to open a transfers bar window (for easy monitoring) and includes transfers management tools (stop, start, pause, resume).
Furthermore, Vuze is also capable to open specific magnetic links or torrent files (you can choose to send the torrent files to Vuze directly from your browser) or you can find new content via the built in search bar. Furthermore, you can subscribe to automatically receive notifications about similar content.
Preview videos while downloading
Additional Vuze features include the possibility to play video torrents as they download or to scan the content in real time in order to detect malware or other threats. The user can also burn DVDs within the application.
The Vuze uninstallation process is quite straight forward: like with any other Mac application, simply drag the Vuze icon from your Application folder to the trash. To complete the process, navigate to the Users//Library/Applications Support folder and delete the Vuze directory.
Full-featured and user-oriented torrent client for the Mac
Vuze does not simply perform peer-to-peer transfers: it comes with an extensive list of tools and features that can make your torrent downloading experience more complete, if you are willing to go the extra mile.
Reviewed by Iulia Ivan, last updated on December 20th, 2014
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
- Fix file download dialog name display for urlencoded titles
- Added ability to specify the rendezvous to use when traversing NAT
Application descriptionThe Vuze Bittorrent Client is an end-to-end software application for all your torrent needs. Although it is a complete...
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
- Sets Yahoo! as your default search engine in Safari, Firefox and Google Chrome
- Sets your homepage and start-up option to Yahoo! in Safari, Firefox and Google Chrome
- Installs Domain Error Assistant extension in Google Chrome to manage your DNS errors with Yahoo!
- Installs the Savings-Slider extension in Google Chrome and Firefox (this extension may display advertisements in websites as you view them)
- Installs eBay and Amazon Shopping Assistant extensions in Safari, Firefox and Google Chrome.