Sync all the data on your devices. No servers. No limits. No caps. Completely secure.
AeroFS is a free and very useful application that allows you to sync data between your devices easy and securely.
AeroFS will only share your files with those who you invite. Files are never stored in the cloud unless you specifically enable Cloud Backup.
AeroFS encrypts your data end-to-end, thus providing better security.
How does AeroFS work?
Technically, AeroFS is a "peer-to-peer filesystem" - all the devices you install AeroFS on contribute to this file system:
· Communication happens peer-to-peer, so any two or more devices can talk to each other directly, without a middleman server, and regardless of whether you're on a corporate LAN, on the Internet, or in any other network.
· Because AeroFS is completely distributed, even if we experience downtime, you won't!
· Try it yourself: Install aeroFS on two or more home computers. Unplug your home network from the internet. Update some files on these computers, and watch as AeroFS still magically and happily syncs in this isolated network.
Here are some key features of "AeroFS":
- Private Libraries:
- A Library is like a magic folder. It will automatically sync between your personal computers, and anyone you invite to share stuff with. Anything you store in your private library is by definition private. We will never store or be able to see any data stored in your private libraries. This is the perfect folder for your sensitive data.
- Unlimited Storage:
- Your computer quite possibly has hundreds of gigabytes of space. AeroFS lets you use this space to its full potential. Using Private Libraries you can sync all your data. The catch? It's free, whether you want to share 1, 10, or 1,000 GB. You already have all the storage you need, now use it!
- Cloud or No Cloud? It's Your Call:
- We think you should have the freedom of choice when it comes to personal data management. AeroFS allows you to optionally add online backup storage as part of your personal cloud.
- Backup Libraries:
- Backup Libraries are like "Private Libraries", but with a twist: They are also synced and backed up to our secure AeroFS servers. All data on our servers is encrypted using strong AES-256 Encryption.
- Sharing is caring:
- We live in a connected world, and AeroFS is no different. You can share your Libraries with anyone who has an e-mail address: your friends, co-workers, or your pet.
- You can also view and modify files together, in real time.
- AeroFS Security:
- Your stuff is valuable, keep it safe. We know that promising you security is not enough, so we wanted to take a bit of time to describe the methods we use to keep you safe:
- Each computer running AeroFS has a 2048-bit RSA key, certified by us to be authentic. This prevents bad guys from being able to impersonate you.
- When two computers communicate with each other, they perform "mutual authentication" using the keys.
- They also use the keys to create a secure "communication channel" that is safe from nasty eavesdroppers or hackers.
- Because the connection is encrypted directly from one device to the other, data "in transit" is end-to-end encrypted and is safe from attacks.
- Support for ZFS on older Ubuntu (10.04)
- View and manage pending users in the desktop AeroFS UI
- Better support for unsyncable files
- Too many UI/UX improvements to count (links to support articles, dialog fix-ups, and improvements)
- Fix a GUI issue where the tray icon flickers on startup