Softpedia Editor's Review for Adobe Flash Player
High-performance, browser-based and cross-platform application runtime and one of the most essential plug-ins for most Internet browsers
Written by George Popescu on August 6th, 2013
Playing online games, watching videos on Youtube or other video sharing websites and using web applications is part of our daily lives and it is possible mostly thanks to the Adobe Flash Player.
Adobe Flash Player is a high-performance, browser-based and cross-platform application runtime and one of the essential plug-in for most internet browsers.
Thanks to Adobe Flash Player we can enjoy videos, content and expressive applications regardless of the used device, mobile phone, internet browser or operating system.
Adobe Flash Player can be easily installed by downloading the DMG from the official website and by following the installation instructions. During the installation process you will be asked for administrator credentials.
Taking into account the high number of websites that rely on Flash, you might want to give your Mac the ability to view flash content via Safari or other browsers.
During our testing period, Adobe Flash Player managed to play all flash videos without any problems.
In order to provide a smooth and pleasant experience, Adobe Flash Player takes advantage of the native 64-bit support of browsers and operating systems.
You will be able to access the Adobe Flash Player pref pane from your Mac's System Preferences window. From here you can easily delete all content stored by various websites on your Mac's hard disk.
By accessing the Camera and Mic tab, you can easily set Adobe Flash Player to ask you when a website requires access to your Mac's camera and microphone or deny this option altogether.
The Playback tab provides you with the option to enable or disable the Peer-assisted Networking. You can also allow or block the use of peer-assisted networking for certain websites.
And because nowadays everybody is concerned about privacy, from the Advanced tab you can deauthorize your Mac in order to prevent Adobe Flash Player from playing previously viewed and protected content.
All in all, Adobe Flash Player is lightweight and high-performance client runtime that enables you to view multimedia content, play games and use applications across multiple operating systems, browsers and mobile devices.
Adobe Flash Player description
Here are some key features of "Adobe Flash Player":
- Allows Internet browsers to run dynamic web apps
- The most prevalent multi-platform runtime
- Mobile device compatible
- Embedded user privacy controls
- Delivers the same uniform and predictable experience in all web browsers
- New Features:
- Supplementary Characters Enhancement Support for TextField – EXTENDED BETA – This is a desktop enhancement for supporting surrogate pairs in the TextField control. Now, characters out of the Basic Multilingual Plane(BMP) with Unicode code points between U+10000 and U+10FFFF will work correctly in the TextField control. It greatly enlarges the code point range we support and includes characters like emotion symbols (emoticons) and complex CCJK characters. This feature is being introduced in the Flash Player 12 beta but will go live in a subsequent release. Due to the sensitive nature of text display, we would like an extended test period to ensure no bugs are introduced.
- Stage3D Creation of Context3D with Profile Array - We've added a new interface to Stage3D.requestContext3DMatchingProfiles(profiles:Vector. ) which will create a Context3D with highest level suitable profile that is in profile array, based on the current hardware. A developer can check the ...