XMLLib osax is a Scripting Addition which implements the XML DOM in AppleScript.
XMLLib carries references rather than data, so a script can process large XML documents as fast as if you had been writing a C program - yet, in a more comfortable environment.
Also includes a similar set of commands for Property lists (p-lists). Transparently store AppleScript objects in p-lists. Provide a fast lookup table (or "dictionary", or "associative array") structure.
Here are some key features of "XMLLib osax":
· Opening, validating, closing, saving a XML document.
· Browsing an XML tree - parents, children, siblings.
· Searching an XML tree - sending a XPATH request.
· Editing, creating, removing an XML node.
· Applying a XSLT stylesheet.
· Handling XLinks.