SLiP is a quick, alternative syntax for creating and editing XML data by hand and if you know Python, it should also be familiar.
Here are some key features of "SLIP":
· Less typing - provides easier and quicker means for editing or creating XML
· Easier to read - creates a pleasant layout for the data with indentation and spacing
· Benefits of XML - allow for hierarchical data, unlike tabbed or other character delimited data files
· Cheap - provides a free XML editing alternative
· Editor-agnostic and Keyboard-oriented - provide a quicker, more hacker-friendly way to create XML over point-and-click alternatives
· Works in existing editors - most Python editors (IDLE, Scintilla, etc) should accept and make working with this syntax easy
NOTE: SLIP is licensed and distributed under the terms of the MIT License.