Adobe AIR 22.214.171.124
Add it to your Download Basket!
Add it to your Watch List!
What's new in Adobe AIR 126.96.36.199 Beta:
- New Features:
- Stage3D Wireframe Mode Support - To help designers and developers create robust and efficient 3D content, we've added Wireframe support into AIR desktop. This option can be changed by setting Context3D's setFillMode() to "wireframe" or "solid".
- VideoTexture Support in AIR (Windows and Mac Beta) - We've introduced a new ActionScript feature that allows hardware accelerated video to be used as a source texture in a Stage3D environment. Currently, using video with Stage3D requires the use of the Video object, which is not accelerated, and manipulation of the bitmap representations of the video frames. This new feature, called VideoTexture, allows direct access to a texture object that is sourced from a Netstream or Camera object.
- Stage3D - Standard Constrained Profile - In version 14 of the Runtime we added the new Standard profile to desktop systems. In Version 15 we expanded that to mobile devices in AIR. In Flash Player 16 we've added a new Standard Constrained profile. Like Baseline Constrained, Standard Constrained targets older and lower powered GPUs on both desktop and mobile devices. While Standard profile reached ~21% of iOS devices, Standard Constrained can now reach more than 85%. Developers can access this by using the new STANDARD_CONSTRAINED constant in Context3DProfile. The chart below breaks down the differences between the different profiles that are available.
malware send us
- LICENSE TYPE:
- FILE SIZE:
- 31.3 MB
- OUR RATING:
- DEVELOPED BY:
- Adobe Systems Incorporated
- USER RATING:
- Home \ Internet Utilities
Helps you develop mobile and web based apps and games using a cross-platform toolkit
Thanks to the Adobe AIR runtime, developers are capable of building first-class 3D and 2D games for both iOS and Android devices, as well as for most modern internet browsers.
Additionally, all games and applications created using Adobe AIR are capable of taking advantage of Direct X and OpenGL graphics for fast and smooth rendering.
Compatibility and support with a wide array of platforms and OS features
Furthermore, the Adobe AIR runtime also features support for direct system clipboard access, drag-and-drop gestures, along with global system shortcuts for a large number of operating platforms.
Unlike web applications, utilities and games designed and developed using Adobe AIR are capable of running as native applications on all operating systems that come with an Adobe AIR runtime installation, without the help of another helper app or shell.
Embed HD video support within your AIR based apps
What’s more, Adobe AIR makes it easy to implement and enjoy High Definition video support within a vast selection of multimedia based apps, with the help of multimedia codecs like AAC, H.264 and MP3.
When using Adobe Air based applications, you will also be able to benefit from high interactivity and smooth-running animations, because of their asynchronous bitmap decoding and caching, as well as the native high-resolution bitmap support.
In addition, Adobe AIR can be used by developers for creating high-performance applications with the help of its built-in garbage collection API, the texture compression support for Stage 3D, the LZMA compression APIs and many other highly useful development helping tools.
Build for multiple platforms and deploy native apps using the same codebase
All in all, once you decide to develop your app using the Adobe AIR runtime, you will be able to know beforehand that, once you get the final build, your application will be able to run as a native utility on both desktop OSs like Mac OS X and Windows, and on mobile platform such as Android and iOS, with the potential to reach hundreds of millions of potential users in no time.
Adobe AIR was reviewed by Sergiu Gatlan, last updated on January 13th, 2015
Runs on: Mac OS X 10.6 or later (Intel only)
feature list requirements