pdf2cad is a simple to use Mac app for converting engineering drawings saved as Adobe PDF files into DXF files that you can open and edit in TurboCAD, DoubleCAD, DesignCAD, AutoCAD and other popular engineering utilities.
This vector image format can then be edited and saved in native CAD formats such as DWG and DGN. pdf2cad also generates HPGL which is a popular CAD archival format.
pdf2cad is ideal for converting PDF-based CAD drawings as wells as floor-plans, network diagrams and organization charts into Microsoft Visio.
This capability is key as more and more firms are storing and receiving drawings in the Adobe PDF file format and need to use them with Visio.
NOTE: To buy pdf2cad via the App Store an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "pdf2cad":
· Convert vector base PDF files into the standard CAD interchange format DXF as well as HPGL
· Convert one file or multiple files using the built in batch mode
· Convert all pages or specify a page rage
· Intelligent object recognition
· Concatenates characters to form editable words and lines of text
· Add white space to page
· Rotate output by any degree
· Option to ignore text, images or paths during conversion
· Map fonts for high fidelity file match
· Scale page to match original dimensions of file
· Specify minimum line width
· Separates layers in CAD drawing based on colors
· Dashed/dotted lines as segments
· Saves all images as referenced file in DXF format
· Command-line version and Windows DLL available for developers
· Expanded support for non-standard fonts
· Option to remove or outline hatches/fills
· Improved reporting on errors and warnings
· Streamlined interface for faster and easier conversions
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· DWG output