The classic mosaic is an image assembled from small pieces of colored stone, glass, ceramic or other materials. Creating a mosaic is an art that has been around for millennia in almost any culture.
The ancient Persians loved them, as did the Romans, and the Greeks. Mosaics never have lost their appeal, and in modern times new subforms of mosaic have emerged.
cf/x mosaic is a specialized application that helps you creating high-quality mosaics and makes it fun. Pop in a picture, select a preset, change crop, hit GO. Itʼs that easy. Twiddle with some settings, hit Go again. Itʼs that fun.
NOTE: To buy cf/x mosaic via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "cf/x mosaic":
· Creates high-quality (up to 20x30 inch at 300dpi) original artwork from small image sources
· Itʼs Fast (capital ʻFʼ. Less than 3 seconds for a 4ʼ900 tiles mosaic, 10 seconds for 40ʼ000 tiles).
· Easy presets for instant good results
· Many different and fully customizable kinds of mosaics
· Intuitive interface that invites you to experiment
· Fully integrated crop and aspect ratio management – no need to pre-crop an image
· Also provides support for differently sized tiles
· Supports ʻmessyʼ assembly that gives the mosaic a more organic look
· Export to most common image formats
· Integration with iPhoto, Aperture, Preview, Mail
· Direct upload to social web sites
· 2 GB RAM
· Adds a "DEMO" watermark to all exported images.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Works around a bug in OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion that erroneously disables crop handles.