Workspace Import Export is a free Adobe Photoshop script to enable simple importing and exporting of Photoshop workspaces.
Workspace Import Export should work in both CS4 and CS5 (although it is a little more robust in CS5), so you can use it to migrate workspaces from CS4 to CS5 in addition to using it to enable easier sharing of CS5 workspaces between machines/people.
Usage: To run the Workspace Import Export script, choose "File/Scripts/Browse" from Photoshop's, then browse to the script's location on disk.
Here are some key features of "Workspace Import Export":
· Allows exporting custom workspaces, but not presets
· Can choose to export either the original state that the workspace was created in or the current/last saved state (will save the current workspace before export if you're exporting it)
· Prevents importing workspaces with the same names as preset workspaces (filename or display name)
· Allows you to overwrite custom workspaces after asking you
· Handled importing over the current workspace
· Reloads the workspace list after importing
· Does not verify that files are valid or compatible workspace files when importing
· Should work in localized builds, but UI of the script is not localized itself
· In localized builds, we can't prevent importing a workspace that conflicts with the localized name of a "deleted" preset workspace
· Adobe Photoshop CS4