Vectoraster is graphics utility for creating vector-based raster patterns from bitmap images.
The point shapes and raster patterns are configurable for producing different styles.
The resulting rasters can then either be exported to an EPS-file or simply copied into most vector graphics software.
Here are some key features of "Vectoraster":
· Generate vector graphics point- or line raster patterns based on images.
· See the results in real-time as you change parameters and settings.
· Many different point shape types, from circles to polygons or custom shapes from imported EPS-files.
· Use characters as point shapes from any installed font, using a specified text to select the characters.
· Outline mode, where points are outlined, and you have to option to vary the point outline with point weight.
· Set raster point color or use color from the primary or secondary source image.
· Vary different parameters such as size, point aspect or shape contraction with the point weight to get different effects.
· Six configurable raster pattern types, including alternating grid, radial and varied density distribution.
· Four raster distortion modes to twist, bulge, wave or split the raster pattern.
· Easily rotate and offset the raster pattern.
· Copy raster curves straight into most other vector graphics software.
· Vector export to EPS and PDF.
· Bitmap image export to JPEG, PNG and TIFF.
· Batch processing to apply rasters directly to all images in a directory or to frames in a quicktime movie file.
· Nag screen.
· Raster points will be missing at random in all exported rasters.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
Changes and new features:
· Added a raster information panel showing information like raster size, dpi and number of points, accessed by clicking the little info-button in the bottom right of the raster window.
· Length unit consistency. All length values (like point size, point spacing etc) are now in millimeters, the option of using other length units when exporting has been removed.
· Made the embedded message in exported rasters for unregistered users clearer. Bug
· Hiding the application using the Hide menu item now works properly.
· Fixed some problems with unlocking Vectoraster, and made the error messages for invalid
· registration codes more helpful.
· Fixed a bug that sometimes caused holes in exported rasters for registered users on Mac OS X 10.6.8.