UVLayout is an application that allows you to create and edit UV texture coordinates for 3D polymeshes as well as subdivision surfaces.
UVLayout comes with a unique approach which gives texture artists the tools to produce high quality low distortion UVs in significantly less time than they would by traditional methods.
Here are some key features of "UVLayout":
· OBJ import and export
· Edge-loop Detection for quicker UV seam selection
· Symmetry Editing for faster flattening of symmetrical meshes
· Color Feedback for instant evaluation of distortion errors
· Edge Straightening on shell boundaries and interiors
· Flattening Brushes for local tweaks of the automatically generated UVs
· Auto Packing of UV shells to minimize wasted texture space
· Auto Stacking of similar shells for shared texture space usage
· Subdivision Surface calculations based on limit surface shape
· Unlimited Undo of all editing functions
· Plugin Interface for integration into other applications
· Saving is disabled.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Cut Drag Mode : Select the first cut edge, then draw out the
· mouse pointer to select the edge loop to the desired length. The
· location of the mouse pointer also determines the direction taken
· at forks.
· Set Size : You can now set the exact size of the UV square in
· real-world dimensions. This allows you to keep the texture density
· consistent across multiple objects, no matter what size they are.
· Install Maya Plugin : The Maya plugin files are now included with
· the UVLayout installer, and an "Install Maya Plugin" button has
· been added to the UVLayout GUI for easy setup. The Maya plugin now
· also supports the transfer of multiple objects in or out of groups.
· OBJ Save : Exported OBJ files are now formatted exactly like
· the original imported OBJ, changing only the UV coords. This
· is equivalent to what the Update button used to do, but its now
· done automatically.
· Lighting : There is now a touch of ambient lighting in the
· scene to make details in shaded areas clearer. ...