TerraRay is a Mac OS X app that will help you render beautiful and realistic landscapes without learning a complicated and expensive 3D software!
TerraRay is an easy to use rendering suite utilizing advanced algorithms to create stunning natural scenery images directly on your Mac.
TerraRay uses an advanced path tracing renderer to simulate very realistic lighting. The flexible elevation map editor allows you to easily create canyons, islands, beaches, mountains with just a few clicks.
NOTE: To buy TerraRay via the App Store an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "TerraRay":
· Global illumination rendering engine for highly realistic lighting
· Integrated editor for elevation maps including several brushes and filters
· Advanced procedural materials including bump mapping and reflection maps
· Many preset materials included
· Lighting editor for sun position, additional lights and fine grained control over shadows
· Realistic skies including clouds, sun and a night mode
· Configurable realistic water (waves, refraction, absorption and reflection)
· Flexible grass and vegetation system
· Many different render options and presets
· On-the-fly previews for all settings
· Easy to use interface
· 2 GB RAM
· Saving and other features are disabled.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Sandboxed for increased security
· Faster scene previews
· Several bug fixes