Sweet Home 3D is a handy tool built for helping you place furniture inside your house, using a 2D plan that includes a 3D preview.
Sweet Home 3D is a cross-platform utility that runs on Mac OS X, Windows, Solaris and Linux.
Here are some key features of "Sweet Home 3D":
· Draw straight, round or sloping walls with precise dimensions using the mouse or the keyboard.
· Insert doors and windows in walls by dragging them in the plan, and let Sweet Home 3D compute their holes in walls.
· Add furniture to the plan from a searchable and extensible catalog organized by categories such as kitchen, living room, bedroom, bathroom...
· Change color, texture, size, thickness, location and orientation of furniture, walls, floors and ceilings.
· While designing the home in 2D, simultaneously view it in 3D from an aerial point of view, or navigate into it from a virtual visitor point of view.
· Annotate the plan with room areas, dimension lines, texts and show the North direction with a compass rose.
· Create photorealistic images and videos with the ability to customize lights and control sunlight effect according to the time of day and geographic location.
· Import home blueprint to draw walls upon it, 3D models to complete default catalog, and textures to customize surfaces.
· Print and export PDFs, bitmap or vector graphics images, videos and 3D files in standard file formats.
· Extend the features of Sweet Home 3D with plug-ins programmed in Java, or by developing a derived version based on its Model View Controller architecture.
· Choose the language displayed in the user interface of Sweet Home 3D and its rich help from 21 languages.
· Java 1.5 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Used the Shift key to keep objects moved in the plan aligned along horizontal or vertical axis, and changed the key used to toggle magnetism setting to Alt key under Windows, cmd key under Mac OS X and Shift + Alt key under Linux.
· Added Materials option in the furniture modification pane to edit the various materials (colors or textures) of the selected furniture.
· Improved the color chooser with the ability to choose a color among RAL and Creative Commons palettes, with a pipette tool or in a list displaying colors recently chosen.
· Added options in the room modification pane to change the color or the texture of the wall sides surrounding the modified room.
· Added Pattern in plan and Top color in 3D view options in the wall modification pane to change the pattern used to draw a wall in the plan and the color used to paint the top of a wall in the 3D view.
· Replaced Wall pattern in plan option by New walls pattern in plan option in the user preferences pane.