Sirds is a Single Image Random Dot Stereogram (SIRDS) and Single Image Stereogram (SIS) generator for Mac OS X. Sirds will allow you to create SIS and SIRDS images from depth map and pattern images.
SIRDS or SIS is an image giving a three-dimensional representation of a solid object or surface, and it does not require any equipment such as red & blue 3D glasses or polarized 3D glasses to view the stereo scene.
You just need to learn how to view it in certain way with your own eyes.
Free sample depth map and pattern images are available at www.katsurashareware.com and forum.katsurashareware.com.
NOTE: To buy Sirds via the App Store an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Sirds":
· Generate a "wall-eyed" or "cross-eyed" SIRDS or SIS
· Customizable dimensions (resolution, observer distance, maximum depth, and eye separation)
· Hidden-surface removal
· Center to both sides method to minimize the distortion
· Oversampling to give smooth depth levels
· Stereogram viewing guide marks
· Random Dot pattern generator
· Supported depth map and pattern image file types: PNG, TIFF, JPEG, BMP, GIF, PICT, etc.
· AppleScript scripting
· 90 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed the issue when exporting the stereogram or random dot image file.