ShipTrek is a Mac OS X app for exploring the "Bird of Prey" and the "Burning Ship" fractals through a Star Trek TNG-like user interface.
ShipTrek allows you to generate shallow-depth, amazingly beautiful, and quasi-3D fractals using the SAM (Stripe Average Method) gradient coloring.
ShipTrek also comes with 'Smooth CPM' and 'Log' coloring, enhanced with 'Density Controls'.
ShipTrek features an excellent gradient designer that will help you create your own custom gradients with an unlimited number of colors, used in all coloring methods.
NOTE: To buy ShipTrek via the App Store an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "ShipTrek":
· Burning ship fractal exploration
· Bird of prey fractal exploration
· Sam (stripe average method) coloring
· Smooth CPM (continuous potential method) (with density) coloring
· Log (with density) coloring
· Advanced gradient designer
· 52 gradient presets
· Export fractals up to 4096 x 4096 pixels in size
· 9x (3x3) supersampled antialiasing
· Futuristic GUI
· 35 GUI color themes (in 3 styles)
· Fractal library
· Embedded user guide
· Cool sound FX
· Mute sound FX
· System version readout
· Full-screen mode
· Titlebarless windowed mode
· 2 stardate types
· 12 hour or 24 hour clock